Your resource for the COVID-19 hospital protocols and procedures
Below are answers to the most common questions we are receiving:
Are you open? Yes! We are deemed an essential business and we plan to continue to provide the care needed to support our clients and patients. At times we may have a more limited staff so we do ask for your patience when calling into the clinic to ask questions or to make appointments. We will be operating normal business hours at this time: Mon-Fri 8 am-5:30 pm and Sat. 8am-12pm.
What services are available? We are operating business as usual at this time which includes wellness visits (vaccinations and annual testing), sick visits, surgical and dental procedures, and technician appointments.
What changes have you implemented to ensure a safe facility? As always, we have practiced strict cleanliness procedures at our hospital. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols. We are disinfecting any surface that a staff member may come in contact with including door handles, countertops, and our credit card machine. As always we are washing our hands frequently after interacting with clients and pets. Each staff member and client are REQUIRED to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times while in the facility.
How can I get my pet’s medication or food? As always we require a 24 hr notice for medication refills and at least 1-week notice for prescription food refills.
Please call us when you arrive at the clinic. Please park in one of our parking spots. Do not pull up to the front door as this is a fire lane. We will collect payment over the phone and email you a receipt. One of our amazing staff members will bring your products out to you.
How do I check-in now? We have modified our check-in procedures to keep our clients and staff safe.
- When you arrive at the clinic please call the front desk from your car.
- Please be prepared to give a detailed history by phone to one of our nurses. They will also prepare an estimate for you and review that over the phone.
- When an exam room is available either the technician or customer service representative will direct you on when to come into the clinic and which room to wait in for the doctor.
- For appointments with our doctors: We are only allowing ONE client into the building with their pet for DOCTOR’s appointments only. If you have children we will ask that you wait in your vehicle with them while we care for your pet inside. You are required to wear your mask at all times.
- For appointments with our technicians: Our assistants will come to collect your pet from the parking lot. We ask that you step out of your vehicle with your pet(we will not take your pet out of the vehicle for you) and have them on a leash or in a carrier. We will place two of our leashes on your pet and then will ask that you remove your leash. This is for your pet’s safety while in the parking lot.
- If you are remaining in your vehicle: Please DO NOT leave the parking lot for any reason. Please make sure your cell phone is on so that we can call you to discuss your pet’s treatment options over the phone. Your pet will be returned to you once treatment is done and payment is collected.
If any of the following apply to you please call to reschedule your appointment:
- You have traveled out of the country in the past 2 weeks.
- If you or anyone in your home is experiencing respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, or lethargy.
- If you are infected with or know that you have had exposure to COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks.
We are all dedicated to continuing to provide the care that you have come to expect from us. Please don’t hesitate to call with any questions at (630) 985-2777.
Stay safe and healthy out there!